Parcel Delivery Made Greener
OOHPod is driven by a strong sense of responsibility towards the natural environment. We are committed to sharing with the world the environmental benefits of choosing a parcel locker for businesses and consumers. Recent studies show that parcel deliveries to lockers generate up to 60% less carbon emissions than a home delivery. So why not do the final mile yourself?
By choosing a parcel locker as a delivery destination, consumers and businesses are making a powerful contribution to the reduction of harmful emissions and traffic congestion. Couriers cover fewer kilometres by delivering multiple parcels in a single trip and there are no wasted journeys or additional trips for re-deliveries.
Why Lockers Have a Positive Impact
- The air quality in local communities is improved due to fewer toxic emissions and less congestion.
- With fewer delivery trips, we can help reduce congestion on our roads.
- The global warming impact of e-commerce is well documented. By reducing the emissions from delivery vehicles, we can reduce that impact.
We are committed to continuously expanding our network of parcel lockers throughout Ireland. Increasing our locker footprint means more people will be able to make an environmentally friendly, sustainable delivery choice without compromising their delivery experience.
What else can we do?
Our Policy to Green-ify OOHPod
OOHPod Ltd is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and achieving the highest standards with regards to environmental matters arising from our daily business activities.
We are dedicated to ensuring continued compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other standards to which the company subscribes. Environmental objectives shall be given equal consideration with all other objectives when defining priorities for the allocation of resources.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by regularly evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimising toxic emissions will be given due consideration in the selection of fleet and power source
- Active promotion of recycling both internally and amongst customers and suppliers
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company